Monday, July 16, 2007

Tours

Currently, we are in Tours. We arrived at about 2 am on Bastille Day, so we slept in the next morning. We explored the town in the afternoon and generally enjoyed the beautiful, hot weather. In the afternoon, we took the little train for tourists around town and bonded with the old French people on the tour. It was in French, and I half-heartedly translated for Jessie. Translating is more difficult than I thought!

We can't be in Tours without visiting the chateaux. Whenever I think of the Loire Valley, I am reminded of high school French projects! Anyway, we decided to bike to a chateau today. The nearest was Villandry, the construction of which was overseen by the same man as Chateau Chambord. Biking through the countryside in the Loire Valley is absolutely beautiful. THe weather was perfect: overcast and cool. However, after biking over 60 km (about 40 miles) I am very sore and sitting hurts rather a lot.

Tomorrow, we head to Bordeaux. I can't believe I only have a week left.

2 comments:

Juliann said...

Wow, sounds like lots of fun! I'm jealous! Enjoy the rest but I can't wait to see y'all again!


-Juliann (hopefully it won't call me "Partnership for Progress" again)

Ignacio said...

Hi Molly., I think you should better go to Barcelona instead of Madrid, I like that one more.

take care!